The Midwifery Centre now offer IV Hydration, Antiemetic administration, and Iron Infusions.
Infusions are done at:
224 Pakington Street, Geelong West
(Entry and street parking available via Autumn St)
To receive an Infusion from The Midwifery Centre, please follow the steps below:
1) Make an appointment with your GP to access your suitability for an Infusion.
2) Have your GP fill in the referral form (below) and prescribe any medication (antiemetics or IV iron).
3) Request an infusion appointment via the form below. Fee's are outlined in the patient information below.
4) Take your script to a Pharmacy to be filled.
5) Bring the medications to your appointment and receive your infusion.
An iron infusion is when iron is delivered via an intravenous line into a person’s body. A person with lower supplies of iron in their blood may benefit from an iron infusion.
Increasing the amount of iron a person has in their blood can cure anemia or increase a low red blood cell count.
The body uses iron to make hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is an important part of red blood cells and helps carry oxygen around the body.
IV infusion therapy is used to safely and rapidly distribute vitamins, nutrients, and electrolytes into your bloodstream. It aids in the replacement of fluids and nutrients lost from your body due to morning sickness during pregnancy. It supports your baby's growth by aiding in rehydrating. In pregnancy, IV hydration is known to help with significant morning sickness and Hyperemesis, to restore lost fluids